Fri., Nov 06, 2015 | By Bill Freeman
Hastings – The Municipality of Trent Hills will “do everything possible” to keep Hastings area residents informed about the impending Lock 18 swing bridge closure, says Deputy-Mayor and Hastings Ward Councillor Bob Crate.
There are no public meetings planned yet outside of a Nov. 11 meeting of the Hastings Helpers but Crate says its paramount area residents be kept abreast of developments following the announcement that the bridge would finally be closed Jan. 4 by Parks Canada for a fourth-month period while it is replaced.
“We are working to set up parking on both sides of the river for those that can either walk to their residence or are lucky to have two cars,” Crate said. “As far as the pedestrian walkway, we were promised it would be handicapped accessible but so far we don’t have any idea what will be given.”